Copyright Â© 2011 â€œCareer Health Studies Instituteâ€?. All Rights Reserved.
Patient Care Technician 16 Week Course includes CNA
The Patient Care Technicians (PCT) prepares students for entry-level positions in the following facilities:
- Mental Health Care Facilities
- Home Health Care Agencies
Patient Care Technicians play a vital role on a healthcare team, working directly under the supervision of a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse(RN). This course includes basic A&P, Hemo- Dialysis training, EKG, Phlebotomy and Patient care skills. At the completion of this course student will be able to register for the National Certification Exam.
Duties may include:
- Recording/ reporting a patients condition
- Measuring and recording intake/output
- Assist patient with daily activities
- Patient Hospital Admission and Discharge
Salary $31,000 -$33,000
What is a Patient Care Technician